Hello Everyone!! I am putting up time to write something after a really long time I believe. Somewhat I felt like the blogger inside has vanished or was on a sabbatical leave.
This era of starting Start-ups in India has kept me amazed from quite-a-sometime. For everything you every wanted to buy or thought of purchasing, now you can google a startup for that in your city – from buying high-end tech products to home-made khana in your locality. Leading economies may be still filling up their scars of economic recession in some of their industry segments; India Inc. is inflating it’s Startup Bubble.
A new tribe of investment firms also known as Angel Investors, Accelerators, Venture Capitalist has also originated which is actually fueling the whole scenario. Below is a list of recent fundings by some of Angel Investing firms
- Orobind raises angel funding within 3 months of its launch; Orobind raises a funding of $200,000 from its angel investing firm (www.yourstory.com)
- Frankly.me, Delhi-based Video Q&A platform, raises funding of $600,000 from its angel investing firm Matrix
- Findyahan.com, an online marketplace for skills and services, was able to raise angel funding. Though the amount is still undisclosed. This platform claims to help users find service providers close to their locality.
- Graphic India secures $2,800,000 seed fund from CA Media LP, the Asian investment arm of The Chernin Group, LLC (TCG), and NYC based media investment group, Start Media. (www.yourstory.com)
- Furlenco, a furniture rental startup raises $6,000,000 of funding from investment firm Lightbox Ventures. The startup is based out of Bangalore (www.yourstory.com)